One of the commonly baked cakes across the globe is the chocolate cake. Besides being the most favoured type of cake, it also can be prepared easily at the home. This cake can suit perfectly people of all types, ages and events.
The right ingredients are very much required for the cake preparation. But for those who do not have time can order birthday cake from one of the reputed sites on the web. The ingredients required are given below:
- Saucepans, 2
- Egg yolks, 3
- Heat safe bowl
- Butter, 2/3 cup at room temperature
- Boiling water, 2/3 cup
- Baking soda, 1 tsp
- Baking powder, 1 tsp
- Vanilla extract, 2 tsp
- Sour cream, 2/3 cup
- Cake pans, 2
- Unsweetened chocolate, 4 oz.
- Boiling water, 2/3 cup
- Sugar, 2 2/3 cup
- Standing mixture along with paddle attachment
- First, the oven is to be preheated at 325F and the saucepan filled up with water and brought to boil. The heat is to be then turned off and bowl rested upon the saucepan’s rim interior. Extreme caution is to be taken and the bowl is to be placed above water height to avoid chocolate from overheating. Then water to be boiled using saucepan on stove, whisk chocolate in it. For avoiding seizing of chocolate, it needs to be warm.
- Take mixing bowl and place sugar and butter, mix them until light and fluffy. Besides mixing, it helps in aeration, necessary for creating tender and light cake. The bowl sides are to be scraped continuously to even the ingredients.
- Add vanilla and egg yolks gradually within the mixture. Beat them until fully incorporated. Eggs are added to avoid separation of batter. Cohesive batter is resulted from using eggs of room temperature. Upon getting good mixture, beat in melted chocolate.
- Have all dry ingredients sifted properly. It includes soda, flour, powder and salt. Then mix them together in the batter with sour cream. Add 1/3rd of dry ingredients along with half of sour cream, which is a wonderful way. This process is to be repeated until dry ingredients and sour cream are incorporated evenly. Why the ingredients are to be added gradually is to ensure that the batter can accept huge quantities of liquid to create delicious and moistened cake.
- The last step involves beating the batter, till it becomes smooth. It should be done cautiously without over mixing it. Then the baking pans are to be prepared using pan spray as well as with even dividing of the batter. Finally, the cake is to be baked until it springs to touch.
This guide can help the person to become an expert baker and to prepare delicious, soft and fresh chocolate cake with very less effort and impress the whole family. The other way will be to go for online order birthday cake and get the choice of cakes desired.