American Express credit cards are the most desirable credit cards. The reasons are many but some of the unique features of these credit cards are that there is no pre-set limit for this card. No other credit card company offers this advantage to its customer to set their limit as per their comfort. Hence, Amex credit card users choose their monthly expenditure limit as per their requirement which results in the smoother bill payment.
The payment procedure is also very simple and customer-friendly. The online procedure includes two ways- online process where the customers can directly pay the bill through bill desk and the other way to pay through NEFT. Below are the details of each of the ways to pay the bill. Also, later you can have a look at some of the best Amex credit cards features and fees associated.
Amex Credit Card Payment Online
- Visit the Amex card payment gateway bill desk
- Provide your credit card details- Card Number, Payment amount, and Select bank account from which the amount will be deducted.
- Confirm payment
- Receive online confirmation on registered email ID.
American Express Credit Card Payment NEFT
- Fill in the Payee name
- Mention Payee account number (Amex Card Number)
- Provide Bank name which you want to link
- Enter Payee account type (Savings/Current)
- Submit IFSC code
- Provide Bank Branch Address
It is important to note that recently Government of India has made it mandatory to link Aadhaar card with all major documents like PAN card, bank account, and mobile number. Also, the people have to link their credit cards with Aadhaar card.
So, make sure you have linked your credit card with your Aadhaar number to avoid interrupted services. There are many ways to link your Aadhaar card to credit card like you can do it via SMS, by contacting the customer care department, by visiting the bank branch. There is a special toll-free number for each city and this number can be taken from the website. The confirmation of the Aadhaar seeding will be sent to the registered mobile number.
American Express Credit Cards
Below are the types of cards offered by Amex:
- Gold Card
- MakeMyTrip Card
- Platinum Reserve Card
- Platinum Travel Card
- Jet Airways Platinum Card
Amex Gold Card
- Get 4,000 Bonus Membership Rewards® Points on using the Card 3 times within the first 60 days on the payment of annual fee
- 1,000 bonus reward points on 6 transactions each worth ₹1,000 and above
- 5,000 membership reward points upon the first year card renewal after annual fee payment
- Reward points would be credited within 90 days of card renewal
- Earn 1 Membership Rewards Point for every¹ Rs.50 spent except for spend at Fuel, Insurance, Utilities and Cash Transactions
Fees and Charges
- First Year Fee – ₹1,000+ GST
- Second Year Onward – ₹4,500+Applicable GST
American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card
- Membership reward points® for every ₹50 spent on the Card.
- Welcome Gift 1 of 11,000 Bonus Membership Reward Points
- Accelerate Points with up to 20 Bonus Membership Rewards Points
- Pay for flights with Membership Rewards Points through ‘Pay with Points’
- Redeem the points for more than 500 options across travel, accessories, dining and more
- Use Membership Rewards Points to pay for the card charges.
Fees and Charges
- First Year Fee – ₹5,000 plus applicable GST
- From Second Year – ₹10,000 plus applicable GST
Amex MakeMyTrip Card
- Earn 2 Payback/Cashback Points for every ₹100 spent.
- Earn multiple Payback/CashBack Points on spending at over 50 partner brands
- Begin your journey with a welcome gift of MakeMyTrip vouchers.
- The welcome gift1 will consist of 2 MakeMyTrip vouchers, each worth ₹1,000
Fees and Charges
- First year fee: ₹750 plus applicable taxes
- Second year onwards: ₹1,500 plus applicable taxes.
GST on Credit Cards
Goods and Service Tax (GST) has been introduced in India on July 1, 2017. The indirect tax regime has now changed including the tax applicable on credit cards. Earlier, there was 15% of service tax on credit cards which has now changed to 18%. So, all the credit cards will have to pay their bill including 18% GST.