It is always a headache for any parent to make their child do their homework. Most kids don’t like to do it. Now, anyone might wonder whether an assignment given to the children provides any benefit or not.
Well, the truth is yes, indeed a student gets advantages from doing homework. Assignments help teachers to understand what and how much the learner has learned from the class which is the primary purpose behind this.
Apart from this, parents can give their children the necessary one-to-one guidance which the teachers are unable to offer. Also, homework enables learners to evaluate themselves as well as they gain knowledge of work ethic and how to carry out something on their own without anybody’s assistance.
While doing assignments at home, it is more comfortable for any child to ask their parent regarding any confusion that they might be having rather than going to the teacher for clearing doubts.
Knowing these benefits may encourage the adults to less dislike the assignments, but the main problem remains which is to inspire the children to carry out this task.
However, there are many ways in which homework can be made enjoyable for any kid. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Beautiful Workspace- An untidy desk will always distract and discourage the child to do anything over there. So, it is very important to make sure the working place is a fabulous one, and this will instantly grow productivity.
- Assignment Partner- Calling a friend over to write the homework together will definitely encourage a child. This will be a fun experience. However, some rules must be established beforehand so that it does not turn into a complete play and no work.
- Together working- It might be a good idea for parents to do their official tasks while their children are doing their homework. When they observe their adults doing work with dedication, they get motivated to concentrate on their assignments.
- Giving snacks- Any child is more likely to be unhappy, uninspired, and unfocused when he/she is hungry. Creating an interesting meal which shares the theme of the homework or letter, number shaped food can help in filling their tummy as well as the learning process will become enjoyable for them.
- Incentives- These are given to employees to encourage them. So, they can also be utilized to motivate the children. Their favorite toy, snacks, or some game time can be offered in this case. Parents can also offer other things like TV time to make homework exciting.
- Breaks- It might be helpful to do some assignment at first and then, resume it after taking a break. It is crucial to get some air in between otherwise the whole process becomes very tedious.
- Writing down- Parents can ask their children to tell them the answer so that the adults can write it down. This will help the kids to gain more knowledge on the topic as well as deepening the relationship with the adults. However, they should be encouraged to find the solution themselves and parents should not assist in that.
- Games- Every child loves to play games and incorporating that can help in making homework interesting. In a role-playing game, the kids can be asked to pretend as if he/she is the teacher. The parents can then tell them that they cannot complete a sum or don’t know how to do it. The children can also be asked for the solution of questions and queries regarding the studies.
- Apps of Learning- Technology is widely used in the education field now. The same can be utilized to make homework enjoyable for the little ones. There are several apps available now which help children learn different subjects. The visuals also make it easier for them to clear out any doubts they might be having or understanding a difficult discipline. Thus, getting an app will be beneficial for the kids.