Many people have the habit of shampooing or conditioning your hair with coconut oil that has not been rinsed yet, resulting in oily hair. You must understand how uncomfortable it is after one night, or half a day, the hair has become shiny, sticky due to excess oil on the scalp and hair. Especially when the hair is very oily, hair loss will be worse. Cause of hair oil is due to the amount of sebum is caused of coconut oil secretes too much through the scalp and hair.
Start by choosing the right hair care products and apply the effective tips to how to get coconut oil out of hair below to limit the amount of oil in your hair, maintaining the beauty and strength of hair throughout the day.
What are the benefits of coconut oil for hair?
Coconut oil helps moisturize the hair: Coconut oil is able to highly moisturize and nourishes the hair from deep inside especially with dry, damaged hair. Coconut oil can also stimulate hair growth and at the same time provide nutrients to nourish the hair for shiny and burnished hair.
Coconut oil has the potential to cure dandruff: Natural antibiotic substances found in coconut oil such as lauric and capric acid are better able to cure dandruff than most shampoos in the market.
Lauric acid: This substance is also known as Monolaurin. This is a natural antibiotic with strong antimicrobial and antifungal properties. Therefore, it provides effective treatment for dandruff and hair loss due to bacteria.
Capric acid: Like lauric acid – this is also a natural antibiotic.
Vitamin E: An excellent anti-aging agent for skin and hair.
Coconut oil can also help to restore damage and protect the scalp from the effects of external environment or shampoos, the strong detergent cleaning chemicals.
How to get coconut oil out of hair
As you know coconut oil is highly moisturizing, so if you do not get coconut oil out of the hair properly, it will make the oily scalp will clog the hair roots that cause hair to be prone to dandruff, causing hair loss. Hence, you can apply some simple ways to get coconut oil out of hair as follows:
- Products and care tools needed for oily hair
Dry shampoo can come in many forms: super-fine powder, spray or sprinkle, which removes excess oil created by coconut oil – which causes your hair to look less clean. The natural oil stays longer on your hair, helping to nourish the hair.It’s like oil absorbent paper, but for hair.
- In addition to purchasing dry shampoo products from the prestigious hair care brand, you can also make this product yourself at home.
- The method is simple: Mix cornstarch (if hair is light colored) or cocoa powder (if dark) with baking soda and a few drops of essential oil in a clean bowl.
- Then, pour into a jar with a lid and use.
- This mixture is capable of absorbing excess oil due to coconut oil that still sticks to hair and scalp that is very benign, with no side effects.
- If you use dry shampoo in form of spraying, you do below:
- Flip your hair in layers and spray with dry shampoo
- Spray on each layer of hair, especially the root of the hair.
- Then use your fingers or a comb to rub with dry shampoo to permeate through the scalp and hair.
- Use a towel or a bandage to keep your hair covered with dry shampoo for 10 minutes.
- If you use dry shampoo in form of powder, you take 1 teaspoon of dry shampoo and sprinkle the powder with the root the hair.
- After that, you shampoo as normal.
- Or you can also use shampoo and conditioner for oily hair:
- A lightweight shampoo (water-based shampoo with liquid-like water) with balanced pH or shampoo specifically for oily hair have the ability to cleanse the mucus on the scalp caused by coconut oil as well as remove accumulated chemicals like gel, mousse and hairspray.
- These shampoos, often labeled “balancing” or “clarifying” shampoo, will be the best choice for getting coconut oil out of hair.
- Note to avoid shampoos with nutrients and moisturizing your hair, also do not use shampoo 2 in 1 or 3 in 1.
- Most of the oil appears on the scalp, making the hair near the scalp sticky, and the tail is still dry as usual. Hence, when shampooing, you simply apply the conditioner to the tail of your hair to soften and nourish this part.
- Alternatively, talcum powder will also bring about the effect of removing coconut oil effectively:
- A jar of talcum powder can help you temporarily when your hair is too oily due to coconut oil.
- Give a little powder to the palms and pat it over your head. Then use a comb to brush them all over the root of your hair.
- Warm water
Shampooing with warm water causes the capillaries to relax, causing the pores to expand, allowing metabolism and discharging of scum and oil due to coconut oil. However, you should only wash your head with warm water at 40 – 45 degrees. Avoid overheating because hot water will remove the oily layer on the scalp, causing the peeling skin to cause dandruff.
In addition to, excessive temperature stimulates the sebaceous glands under the scalp to work even harder, that causing coconut oil to stick to the scalp harder.
- Natural ingredients
The oil that appears on your scalp is alkaline, lemon juice is acidic (citric acid) so lemon helps neutralize and remove oil on the scalp. Soaking your hair with lemon juice helps to remove excess oil on your hair while keeping the natural oils that your hair needs to keep your hair healthy. How to do:
- Mix 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice into a glass of water rather than apply lemon juice directly on the scalp.
- Gently apply the mixture to the scalp.
- Note, take the time to ensure that the entire scalp is absorbed by the solution.
- Do not use too much force when massaging and be careful not to scratch the scalp which can irritate the scalp.
- After 1-2 minutes, rinse your hair with lukewarm water.
- You can use another way is to use egg white to remove coconut oil.
- To avoid the hair is fishy, you use the whip machine about 3 egg whites, add 1-2 drops of peppermint oil and apply on your hair.
- Use nylon rolls (type of wrapping food) wrap around for 10-15 minutes and then rinse as normal.
Matcha green tea:
- Mix matcha green tea into a glass of cold water (put into some ices only).
- After shampooing, squeeze dry and then pour the tea slowly into the hair.
- Just massage or mix 10 minutes and then rinse as normal.
- Just shampoo once a week can get rid of coconut oil.
Apple cider vinegar:
- Add 2-3 teaspoons of vinegar to warm water, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Mix this mixture well then apply to the scalp.
- Use a towel around your head and condition for 10-15 minutes. Then wash your head with warm water.
- Alternatively, you can mix vinegar with water in a ratio of 1: 1.
- Apply this mixture to the hair, massage or gently scratch the scalp for 5-10 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
Aloe vera: How to do:
- Mix 1 cup of shampoo that you still use daily with 1 tablespoon of juice lemon and 1 tablespoon of the gel of aloe vera.
- If you do not have gel of aloe vera (this is also sold in some supermarkets), you can get fresh aloe leaf, peel off to take the white part and grind.
- Mix the three types of ingredients mentioned above that you have homemade shampoo to remove coconut oil.
- After moisturizing your hair, use this shampoo to wash your hair as usual.
- Finally, wash your hair with warm water.
- If you have the time, you can make a little aloe vera shampoo and store it in a glass jar so that it can be used in the refrigerator within a week.
This is the main ingredient of a very effective oil treatment formula for you.