Women empowerment is ruling the world now and nothing is away from its impact. A home is made by women otherwise it is just a closed piece of brick and walls. To help women build their dream home, HDFC offers special rates on home loans.
Here we have focused on the housing loan rates offered by HDFC to women applicants. Also, the eligibility and documents they need to have to get the approval. Later, we have given an example of EMI repayment which is calculated by using HDFC home loan EMI calculator.
Home loan rates offered by HDFC to women
For women, the rates have been kept low. The starting rate available for all salaried and self-employed women is 8.50% per annum which goes up to 9% per annum. This home loan interest rate is for the loan amount up to ₹30 lakhs only. For loan amount more than ₹30 lakhs, interest rates range from 8.6% to 9.10% per annum.
Eligibility for Women to get HDFC home loan
The eligibility criteria to apply for a home loan at HDFC is as follows:
- HDFC home loan application is made either individually or jointly. All proposed owners of the property will have to be co-applicants. However, co-applicants need to be a close family member.
- The maximum period of repayment of a loan shall be up to 30 years for the Telescopic Repayment Option which is applicable only to the Salaried/Self-employed individuals under the Adjustable Rate Home Loan. For other home loan products, the maximum repayment period shall be up to 20 years.
- The tenure of the loan is also based upon the applicant’s profile, the age of applicant at maturity of the loan, age of property at loan maturity, depending upon the particular repayment scheme as may be decided for and any other terms applicable subject to prevailing norms of HDFC.
What are home loan documents required to apply?
The documentation process for the loan is simple and can be read below:
- Valid Passport
- Voter ID Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Valid Driving Licence
- Last 3 months’ Salary Slips
- Last 6 months’ Bank Statements, showing salary credits
- Latest Form-16 and IT returns
- Employment Contract / Appointment Letter in case current employment is less than 1 year old
- Last 6 months’ Bank Statements showing repayment of any ongoing loans
- Passport size photograph of all the applicants / co-applicants to be affixed on the Application Form and signed across
- Cheque for processing fee favouring ‘HDFC Ltd.’
- Copy of the Allotment Letter / Buyer Agreement
- Receipt/(s) of payment/(s) made to the developer
Check your EMIs with HDFC home loan EMI calculator
You can check your payments even before applying for the loan. Use a loan EMI calculator for this and mention following details:
- Loan amount
- Interest rate
For instance, if you getting the rate approval of 8.50% per annum as per your eligibility and income, your payments would be as follows:
Loan amount- ₹20 lakhs
Interest rate- 8.50% p.a.
Tenure- 20 years
The payment details will be as follows:
Monthly EMI- ₹17,356
Total Interest Outgo- ₹21,65,552
Total Amount (Interest + Principal)- ₹41,65,552