If you have not yet linked your Aadhaar with all your bank accounts including ICICI Bank, you must do it before March 31, 2018. If you have a savings account or current account at ICICI Bank, you may update your Aadhaar in your account.
There are different measures with which you can follow. In this article, we will tell you the online procedure to save your time. You may also read the steps with which you can check the update status as well.
What is the last date to update Aadhaar in the bank account?
The deadline has now been extended to March 31, 2018. You might have linked it already or want to do it now, for your reference, here we have brought in the online procedure for the process.
How can you link your Aadhaar Online?
In order to update your Aadhaar number in your ICICI account, you may follow the below steps:
- Login to ICICI Internet Banking
- Go to Customer Service Section
- Visit on Service Requests
- Click on Bank Account Service Requests
- Mention Account Details
- Request for Updating Aadhaar Number
- Enter your Aadhaar details and then submit
Check Aadhaar Card link to Bank Account Status Online
You can check the status of your update as to whether it has been successful or not by following the below steps:
- Visit the official website of Aadhaar- www.uidai.gov.in
- Click on ‘Check Aadhaar & Bank Account Linking Status’
- Enter the Aadhaar number for which you want to know the status and also the security code.
- On submission of this, an OTP will be sent to the mobile number registered to the Aadhaar.
- Mention the OTP and click on ‘Login’.
- You will then be able to see whether the Aadhaar has been successfully linked or not.
Check Aadhaar Card link to Bank Account Status Offline
You also have the option to check the status offline through your linked mobile number. All you have to do is follow the below steps:
- Dial *99*99*1# with your mobile.
- A Pop-up asking you to mention your Aadhaar number will appear.
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar Number.
- Choose if your entered Aadhar number is correct or you want to change it.
- You will then be able to see all the bank accounts linked with the entered Aadhaar number.
How can you update Aadhaar in ICICI Credit Card?
When you update the unique 12 digit in the account, it will be updated in the credit card linked to that account. Otherwise, if you are an ICICI credit card user but do not have any kind of account with the bank, you have to visit the nearest branch or contact the customer care department. The executives will help you in the process as per your query.
We hope that you find the above information useful and complete the process as soon as possible. You should know that only Aadhaar linked bank accounts will get the benefit of all government schemes and the other accounts will be blocked post the deadline.