JEE Main is an important engineering entrance exam in India. It will be organized by CBSE for providing admissions to various engineering colleges in India. On the basis of JEE scores, candidates will be allotted the admissions to the various engineering colleges. It is also considered as an eligibility test for the JEE Advanced exam. CBSE has introduced some changes for JEE entrance exam such as Aadhar card is now become mandatory for appearing in the JEE engineering entrance exam.
- Exam notification is likely to be released in month of November 2017
- Online application form is likely to be released in month of December 2017
- Facility of correcting images could be done in month of December 2017
- Online application form is likely to be closed in month of January 2018
- The last date to make payment of application fee is likely to fall in month of January 2018
- Admit card is supposed to be released in month of March 2018
- Exam is expected to be conducted in month of April 2018
- Result is likely to be declared in month of April 2018
Changes in the Entrance Exam-
- No weight will be given to Class 12 marks for calculating the rank of entrance exam
- Candidates are required to have Aadhar card for filling up the application form
- In order to qualify for top institutes, the candidates are required to score minimum of 75% marks or 65% marks for the candidates of SC/ST category or be in the top 20 percentiles in the Class 12 examination which are conducted by the respective boards
- Candidates from Jammu and Kashmir, Meghalaya and Assam are required to enter their passport number, ration card number or unique ID number as they are not required to put up their Aadhar card number as a mandatory thing.
The details regarding the application form for the entrance exam is mentioned below as-
- Candidates can fill the application form for the entrance exam via the online mode only.
- No offline mode of filling the application form will be provided to any of the candidates
- Application forms are expected to be released in the month of December 2017
- In order to apply for the entrance exam, the candidate will be required to have the registration number of the application form or enrollment number which will be provided to the candidate by the facilitation center.
- In addition to all the details, the candidate will have to upload the scanned images of candidates photograph and signatures in the prescribed format.
- Candidates are required to download the acknowledgment slip as the proof of submission of the application form for the entrance exam and for future reference as well
Candidates will be made available with facility of making a correction to application form as candidates can make corrections to the scanned images in the correction window period and correction can be made to selected fields only.