The government has made it mandatory to link all your bank accounts with Aadhaar number. The deadline for the same was earlier December 31, 2017 which has now been extended to March 31, 2018. The last date to link Aadhaar with PAN Card, Insurance Policy and Mobile Number have also been extended.
The last date to link Aadhaar with PAN card is also March 31, 2018. Thus, if you have linked these documents with Aadhaar but if people around have you not done it yet, you can ask or inform them that the last date has been extended. There is an additional time of three months to complete the process.
Here you can check the procedure of Aadhaar Seeding to Bank Accounts-salary as well as current. You should also know that you have to link all your bank accounts in all the bank accounts. If any of your bank accounts is not linked, your account may become unoperational which of course you do not want. Read here how can you link your bank account with Aadhaar.
Steps to Link Bank Account with Aadhaar?
Below are the steps to follow:
- Log-in to your bank account via Net Banking.
- Visit nearest bank branch and submit a request in the application form.
- After 3-4 working days, an e-KYC (Know your Customer) authentication procedure is followed by Unique Identification Authority of India.
- Some banks have the option of linking Aadhaar with bank accounts with the help of an IVRS call which will guide you step by step.
- There is also an option to link by sending an SMS to the respective number of the bank.
What are the benefits of linking your Savings Account with Aadhaar?
Like everyone, you must also be thinking that why has this been made mandatory, well there is a reason behind everything. The government wants to make sure that the bank accounts are genuine and the transactions are also legal. The benefit for you is however is that you get the below-listed things:
- LPG Subsidy to the latest linked account– If you have linked your HDFC Bank account with Aadhaar on 1st September 2017 and to SBI on 25th September 2017, then the gas subsidy will be credited to the later account.
- Subsidy for commodity products– You get the subsidy for various commodities whose prizes are subsidized are also transferred to the linked account.
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee (MNREGA): The wages under MNREGA scheme will be credited directly to the linked bank accounts.
- Tribal welfare schemes: The payments from the schemes will also be credited to the linked bank accounts.
- Scholarship: Indian students who receive the scholarship from the government can get this money only if their bank account is linked to their Aadhaar number.
- Nationwide access: The online, inter-operable architecture of Aadhaar Enabled Payment System (AEPS) allows access to the account from anywhere in the country.
If you have been looking for ways to link your Aadhaar with mobile number, you can follow the below steps.
Read Also: How to Link Aadhaar to PAN Card Online
Steps to Link Aadhaar with Mobile Number Via SMS
- Visit the nearest service center of mobile number operator
- Text your Aadhaar number from your registered mobile number as per the instruction given by the executive
- The executive will do a demographic verification of the number
- Submit an OTP request to Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI)
- Send the OTP sent by UIDAI to the registered mobile number
- The e-KYC process is complete
How to Link Aadhaar with PAN Via SMS?
You can also link your PAN with SMS from your registered mobile number if you have linked your Aadhaar. You can follow the below steps:
- Type UIDPAN<12 digit Aadhaar><10 digit PAN>
- Send it to 567678 or 56161 from your mobile number.
For example, if your Aadhaar number is 111122223345 and PAN is ABCPA9999Q.
You then have to send an SMS to 567678 or 56161 as UIDPAN 111122223345 ABCPA9999Q
The are no additional charges by NSDL and UTI for this but the normal SMS charges as levied by the mobile operator will be applicable.
We hope that you find the above information useful and link your Aadhaar successfully.