It’s like every day when a startup entrepreneur or businessman decides to buy a website to start his own business. This ritual of buying and selling of website has been taking place for a long time. People these days prefer looking for an established websites for sales rather than developing one as it saves a lot of time, capital and recruitment process. This is especially a boon for the startups who have a lower budget and want to garner higher profits in short time. All this possible when you have a ready- made website available at your side. Creating a website from scratch could take a lot of time on planning and hiring which could be saved with a quick purchase.
But, before buying a website a list of things should be kept in your mind to verify the authenticity of the website.
- Check if your website is secured: The sure sign of a secured website is represented by “https” which is at the beginning of the domain name on the top. It is necessary when your site is undergoing some transaction. There are even other ways of detecting a spam website. Look out for some certification seal of an authorized organization. They may be displayed by a fake website but you can save yourselves and check its authentication status by clicking on the seal.
- Design and quality of website: A design and quality of website speaks a lot for itself. A poor quality of designs with overlapping content or imperfect navigation can reduce the reputation of your website exponentially. It could be easily seen that a good quality of website has been heavily invested with time and money. And is likely to be more trustworthy than others. The quality of images, colour schemes, font and sizes, all are the key elements in determining the standard of a website before you decide to buy it.
- A mark of PCI Compliance: If you are buying an ecommerce website for your business then the site should be PCI-DSS compliant that will store and secure the credit card details along with accepting and handling the card details with maximum care. These logos are available at the check-out pages wherein the user gets to learn about the safe transaction of his payment. This will inculcate a sense of reliability among your customers in the long-run.
- Content quality: Look out for the date of any article or blog published on the website and check the content quality whether it will justify your product value and service or not. Assess the web pages for any spelling mistakes or incorrect information with poor punctuation marks. The content may not be some highly polished one but it could be such that meets the level and interest of your customer profusely.The content need not to be a lengthy one but it should be concise enough to relay important information in one view.
- Social Media Connectivity: Every website presents a lot option for customers to get connected to their business pages and like them as well. To check how many followers are there are for the site, check its credibility by clicking on the given buttons. You will be redirected to the page where you will have a live view of any of their latest post or blog and can read the reviews and feedbacks of the services provided. You will get to learn about their service standard and can decide over its purchase.
- Look out for the Links: When you are buying a website, you should have a thorough check over the links on the site whether those links are redirecting the page to an authentic one or it is some fake site that gets opened up. Too many links doesn’t mean that the site is a trustworthy one. You have to look out for any scam pages so as to prevent your website getting corrupted easily.
- Banner/Pop-ups: If the site is stuffed with banner and pop-up ads then it is advisable to back-off from the purchase. Too many ads are a poor reflection on the rigidity of the site and is surely gaining money from these advertisements.
- Customer Service: You should be more inclined in buying from those site whose Contact Information is a valid one. The information containing the mail address or the phone number given could be checked before buying. This will ensure a safety to your investment and you will take a greater care in future.
- Browser search: Before buying a website from a broker, just keep in mind to search about him from the search engine to have a better idea with whom you are dealing. If he is fake one, then he won’t have any information on the internet or may have a list of complaints against him.
Just be aware and keep all of these factors in mind before you buy your website.