A lot many follow the old wisdom to attract, while there are entities like American Express always striving to bring something new to the table through a glorious range of credit cards. Many credit card companies just provide the general benefits you find everywhere.
But American Express goes the other way round by offering distinct benefits across the cards. The reward point structure, travel benefits, retail spends are all different in its cards. So, when it has so much to offer, why not then read out the details of American Express Credit Card in this article? You would appreciate the idea, won’t you? So, let’s explore.
American Express Credit Card Benefits
American Express provides credit cards under the name of Gold Credit Card, Platinum Reserve Credit Card, Platinum Travel Credit Card, etc. Let’s check out the benefits of all these cards.
- Earn 4,000 Bonus Membership Rewards® Points if you use the card 3 times within the first 60 days of the membership, on the payment of annual fee
- Accumulate 5,000 membership reward points on the first year renewal post the payment of annual fee. The points would be credited to the account within 90 days of the card renewal.
- 6 transactions each worth ₹1,000 and above would give you 1,000 bonus reward points
- Every ₹50 spent except on fuel, insurance and utilities will earn you 1 membership reward point
- The points earned can be redeemed at the fabulous 18 and 24 carat gold collection
- Redemption can also be made at major airlines, hotels, electronics, etc.
- Privileges like 24×7 card assistance, zero lost card liability. 2 supplementary gold cards without any extra charges are also available
First Year Fee – ₹1,000
Second Year Onward – ₹4,500
PLatinum Reserve Card
- Get 11,000 bonus membership reward points as a welcome gift
- Earn 1 membership reward point for every ₹50 spent other than fuel, cash transaction, utility bills and insurance
- Pay with Points feature allows you to book flights against the points you earn
- Redeem the points at over 500 travel, dining, accessories and other categories
- Privileges at Taj and Oberoi hotels & resorts are also there to avail
- Complimentary Priority Pass Membership lets you enjoy lounge access at airports, with the annual fee of US$99 getting waived off
- Golf sessions, as well as special health & wellness offers from Fortis Healthcare, Max Healthcare and Texas Medical Concierge are set to appeal the shopper in you
First Year Fee – ₹5,000
Second Year Onward – ₹10,000
PLatinum Travel Card
- Get a welcome gift of 5,000 Milestone Bonus Membership reward points
- On Spending ₹1.9 lakhs a year, travel vouchers worth over ₹7,700 is available
- The spending ₹4 lakhs in a year would give you additional travel vouchers worth up to ₹11,800. Also, a voucher worth ₹10,000 from Taj Group is available. On every ₹50 you spend, 1 membership reward point would be credited. However, the reward point won’t be available on fuel, utility and insurance spends.
- Accumulate up to 20 Bonus membership reward points for every ₹100 charged to your card at the company’s EXTRA Membership Rewards Program Partners
- Special travel booking benefits available via MakeMyTrip.com
- 4 complimentary visits to domestic airport lounges located in Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru and 9 other cities allowed
- Get 20% discount on dining at select premium restaurants by virtue of American Express Selects Dining Programme
First Year Fee – ₹3,500
Fee from Second Year Onward – ₹5,000
Note – An 18% Goods and Services Tax (GST) would also be charged over the fees across the cards.