Banking sector is one of the prestigious sectors which offer competitive jobs to the graduates. Millions of candidates apply every year for IBPS Clerk or IBPS PO Exam which makes it a tough exam to crack. IBPS Exam preparation should be done with dedication and interest to qualify in the first attempt. To grab the most prestigious career one need to make an effective study strategy to clear IBPS Exam.
Essential Tips for Exams
- Before planning your exam preparation one should go through few previous year question papers of IBPS Clerk or IBPS PO Exam, which ever you have targeted.
- Study Current Affairs of previous 6 months and revise them every day. One should give special focus to annual events news related to Budget, Oscar Awards, other Prestigious Awards, Cups and Trophies etc.
- Give equal time to study all the sections of the exam rather than one or two. Special focus should be on the section you are good at. It will boost your morale and you will be motivated to work hard.
- Join online test series and attempt one test each day. While attempting the test it is advisable to open the question paper tab and quickly read the questions. Then choose the easy ones first to solve and then switch over to those questions which are not easy. It will help you to manage time effectively.
- Prepare English language from the examination point of view. Develop the habit of reading newspaper in Hindi and then the same news in English, it will boost your understanding. Listen to various news debates to enhance your reading comprehension. Do not forget to keep Oxford dictionary while reading newspaper or any magazine or novel and make a note of the difficult words.
- Prepare Current Affairs with a special focus on the topics related to National & International Events, Summits-Place-Participants-Heads, Committees-Heads-Issue, Books & Authors, Awards & Honors, Persons & Positions, Persons in News, Obituaries, Sports, Countries- Capitals-Currencies, Important Days, Organisations-Heads-Head Quarters-Tag/Punch Lines, Government-Persons, Science-Technology-New Inventions/Discoveries, Places-Importance, PM/President Visits, Any Notable Issues within India & of Other Countries, Superlatives.
- To revise current affairs, the best way is to discuss them with your friends to retain for a long time.
- To prepare for banking awareness section it is highly recommended to study Banking History, Types of Banks, Types of Banking, Banking Terminology and Dealings, Banking Services and Their Details in Depth, Organisations like RBI, NABARD, IRDA, NBFCs, BIRD, RRBs, DICGC, SEBI, PFRDA, FSDC, FMC, NHB, FEMA, NEFT, RTGS, Credit Rating Agencies, All Other Regulatory Bodies in India, Mutual Funds in India, IMF, IBRD (World Bank), ADB, SWIFT, Basel, UN Agencies, Monetary Policy of RBI, Fiscal Policy of the Government, Capital & Money Markets in India, Instruments in Banking, Money Instruments, Indian Financial System, Indian Economy in Brief, Important Acts and Abbreviations.
- Learn computer basics as questions are usually asked from the topics like Evolution of Computers & History, Computer Generations, Types of Computers, Computer and Its Parts, Input-Output Devices, Number System, Software & Hardware, Computer Memory, Operating Systems, Computer Languages, Internet-E-mail-Web Technologies- Search Engines-Social Networking-Protocols, Computer Networks & Communication, Security Tools-Virus Types-Hacking, Computer Shortcuts, Database Basics, MS-Windows, Booting, Computer Terminology and Abbreviations.
In Reasoning section questions are asked in the quiz or puzzle form. Practice the topics which are mostly asked in this section such as:
- Sitting/Seating Arrangement
- Coded Inequalities
- Statements & Conclusions
- Data Sufficiency
- Cause & Effect
- Direction Sense
- Blood Relations
- Logical Reasoning-Decision Making
- Venn Diagrams
- Analogy/Odd One Out
- Figures’ Series, Group of Identical Figures, Foldings.
- Quantitative section is an important section where you need to acquire speed and accuracy to deal with complex calculations. The following topics are some of the important topics from the exam point of view:
- Data Interpretation
- Quadratic Equations
- Data Sufficiency
- Simple & Compound Interest
Hope this strategy will help you plan your studies effective enough to crack Bank Exam. Although one can join Bank Coaching in Chennai or elsewhere but making a plan is always an ideal option to get the desired result.
All the best!!!!